What is Industrial Wastewater Treatment?
Industrial wastewater presents some significant purification challenges before it can be reused or released into the environment. Industrial wastewater treatment is required to remove contaminants and ensure that industries are fully compliant with regional industrial wastewater treatment standards. Wastewater treatment also helps companies save money by enabling the reuse of water in their industrial processes and minimising waste processing costs.
Wastewater Treatment Plant
Veolia Water Technologies provides a range of water treatment and industrial wastewater treatment systems suitable for all major industries including food and beverage, automotive, mining, pharmaceutical, petrochemical and power. Veolia provides tailored solutions and processes, specifically designed to meet challenging wastewater treatment requirements. The necessary industrial wastewater treatment plant is determined based upon these requirements and might involve the use of evaporation, filtration, clarification, aerobic and anaerobic wastewater treatment technologies.
Benefits of Industrial Wastewater Treatment
Effective industrial wastewater treatment can produce both clean and reusable water, as well as reducing overall waste production. Here are some key benefits:
- Wastewater treatment reduces the amount of waste released into the environment
- Water loss due to water pollution is reduced or eradicated
- Potentially harmful contaminants are not released into the environment
- Sludge treatment can recover reusable methane - Natural fertilizer can be recovered and used in agriculture
- Simplified waste disposal significantly reduces costs.
- Regional wastewater treatment and effluent standards can be met and maintained, and compliance can be continuously monitored