All Filtraflo™ filters employ the same basic principle that involves a rapid gravitational filtration of raw water through a granular media. The filtering bed is composed of single or dual media layers.
Depending on the quality of water to be treated and the filtering objectives, different filtering media can be employed : sand, activated carbon, anthracite, pumice, shale, limestone, etc...
Multiple Function Filters:
- Physical function : retention of suspended particles (suspended solids, iron and manganese precipitate.)
- Physical-chemical : adsorption of micro pollutants (pesticides, detergents, chlorinated solvents, sapid components, etc.)
- Manganese removal with manganese dioxide.
- Biological function : biodegradation of organic carbon Oxidation of ammonia, iron, manganese , Denitrification.
- Chemical function : acidity correction with calcium.
Filtraflo™ filters differ by their technological characteristics that adapt to specific water treatment demands and to the type of water to be treated, and facilitate integration into the overall water production line.
Features and benefits
Filtraflo™ filters offer an advanced filtration solution which involves a rapid filtration of raw water through a specific media, the filtering bed being composed of single or multiple media layers.
- Sand filtration requires a coagulant, such as ferric chloride, to precipitate arsenic within the filtration media.
- The Filtraflo™ As process is used to adsorb arsenic from raw water. It features a single bed of ferric hydroxide.
Filtraflo™ and Filtraflo™ As are well adapted to medium to large plants. When arsenic occurs in an existing water treatment plant, they can easily be installed downstream of the sand/dual media filters.
Based on this advanced technology, Opalium - a Veolia Water Technologies' company - has also developed Opafer™, for small to medium sized treatment facilities.
FILTRAFLO™AS : ADSORPTION ON GRANULAR FERRIC HYDROXIDE
- innovative process
- well adapted to As III and As V removal
- no chemical pre-oxidation required
- no sludge production
- no risk of residual iron
FILTRAFLO™ : COAGULATION AND FILTRATION
- two stage process:
> sand filtration
- adapted to high As V concentrations
- adapted to raw water with high turbidity
SOME FILTRAFLO™ AS REFERENCES
|Baudricourt - France||2000||Filtraflo™||1997|
|Villafranca del Castillo - Spain||2900||Filtraflo™ As||2005|
|Szeged - Hungary||24||Filtraflo™ As||2004|
|Woerth - France||3000||Filtraflo™ As||2002|
SOME FILTRAFLO™ TGV REFERENCES
|Az Zour, Kuwait||417,6||Filtraflo™ TGV||2013|
|Chengdu Shuangliu, China||100||Filtraflo™ TGV||2012|
|Oset, Norway||390||Filtraflo™ TGV||2010|
|Abu Dhabi Wathba, UAE||415,2||Filtraflo™ TGV||2010|
|Petkim, Turkey||72||Filtraflo™ TGV||2005|
Depending on the plant capacity, filtration can be achieved within an open or pressure filter.
Optimum performance of the filtration process is ensured through regular backwashing with filtered water and air scour, evenly distributed through our proprietary nozzle underdrain.
Each filter is backwashed independently, hence the guarantee of continuous supply.